Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Daily Grind

For some reason this blog has been really hard.  Maybe it’s cuz I prefer to tell stories and not off load information.  Well I’ll try my best to let you all know about my daily grind in a interesting way; although I’m not promising anything.

OK so I've really been falling into a pretty nice little schedule here.  It's really awesome to have a day to day routine.  To have work to do.  Something to look forward to.  Speaking of which I am coming home from Nov 17th through Dec 8th.

I can't say seeing my family or Shannon & Sophie doesn't play into it (it may even be the main reason).  I also want to be out of Haiti for their election on November 28th.  

Who here likes bullets?  I do I do I do.  So guess what you get a table (bwahahahahaha).

6 am
Mass
6:30
Play with orphans before they go to school!
6:45
Breakfast
7:15
Dishes
7:30
Work Time
9 ish
Go shower (the sun has finally heated up the water!)
9:30 ish
Work Time
12:15
Lunch
1:00
Dishes
1:15
English lesson with nuns
2:30
Work Time
4:00ish
Lesson with T-Jack
5:00 (sometimes)
Walk around the local area!!!
6:00
Rosary
6:30
Go play with kids again!!!!!!!!!
7:15
Dinner
8:00
Dishes
8:15 – sleep
Free Time (Sometimes Lessons With T-Jack)

When I say work time I’m usually doing one of the following:
  • ·         Working on the database,
  • ·         Talking to Aaron about the database,
  • ·         Planning a lesson,
  • ·         Blogging (try to keep this down cuz I don’t really consider it work),
  • ·         Washing clothes by hand, or
  • ·         On rare occasions I take a nap (who said volunteering doesn’t have it’s perks)


This is obviously a weekday.  On the weekends I try to work on the database and play with the girls without interruption from my lessons.  On Sundays they have Oratory which is where I get to know some of the local kids.  I’ve got to write a blog specifically about that.

The main reason I’ve written a boring post like this is to show you all I’m having a really good time right now.  It’s changed a lot since the first day here.  But my project has short term benefits with long term implications.

Simply put I’ve got a goal.  Everyone knows I’m a planner (albeit a flaky one:).  So having long term plans makes me really happy.  My day to day work is also really freaking fun.  The girls crack me up and honestly the need a couple good male role models.  Not sure where they are going to get that!?!

OK OK I'm going to start working on an oratory story.  That's always more fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment